This past weekend, ben and I had a little get-a-way to Atlanta. We had so much fun! We left right after work on Friday so we went straight to the hotel and enjoyed flipping through channels on the TV (when you only have 7 to flip through at home, flipping through 50 is a real treat). Our only goal on Saturday was to go to Pappasito’s Cantina, a restaurant Ben loves. I loved not having a plan for the day. Sometimes, a plan is more frustrating for me because I feel like I have to stick to it and that can stress me out. So, no plans are good plans.
We ended up going to Ikea in the morning and then hitting Pappasito’s for lunch around 2ish. We then headed to a rather large mall near us and spend a few hours walking around and shopping. After that it was off to Barnes and Noble for some starbucks coffee and magazines. Well, actually, I read the magazines, Ben read an actual book. I always laugh at myself when I look at the magazines I pull from the shelf, People, US Magazine, In Touch and two Star Trek magazines. Talk about different ends of the spectrum. Then we headed to Olive Garden for take out, salad and breadsticks, and headed back to the hotel. We packed up and left Sunday morning and had most of the day Sunday to relax before the week began.
I love weekend get-a-ways! They are so much fun and Ben and I always have a good time together, whatever we go. If it were up to me, I’d be gone at least one weekend each month.
ooohh...magazines at Barnes & Noble with Starbucks sounds heavenly :)
ReplyDelete