We had our ultrasound on Thursday and found out we are having a boy!!! Everything looked good; his heart, kidneys, brain, spine, etc. The ultrasound tech was great! She took her time explaining things to us, showed us every part of him and let us know that she didn't see anything questionable. He is measuring about a week ahead, which isn't surprising to me. Since I was big when I was born, I'm assuming he will be too. We've already decided on name; Caleb James. James is a family name on Ben's side and we just liked how Caleb sounded with it.
I'm really excited to start planning and figuring out what kind of stuff we need. I held off doing anything until we found out the gender simply because I didn't see the point in getting excited about one thing or another not knowing if we were really going to use it. Now, I can go crazy :) I've already been to three stores looking at baby stuff and it's only 3 days after the appointment.
It's going to be interesting having a boy around. I didn't grow up around boys so I have no idea what to expect, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Everyone says boys are easier than girls so I guess I'll just have to wait and see!!
No comments:
Post a Comment