June 22, 2014
Dear Evelyn,
Happy two month birthday little one! It's hard to believe you are two months old already. This past month has gone by so quickly, but not without a few milestones accomplished by you. The most fun accomplishment is that you started smiling at us! You smiled at daddy first, which I love because he doesn't get to see a lot of firsts since he works all week. You started out just smiling only a little bit each day, but now you smile a lot! You like it when we sing pat-a-cake or peek-a-boo. You also like your lips touched…it's a guaranteed way to make you smile. Another major milestone is you started sleeping through the night consistently. You did it a few times the first month, but about half way through this month you started sleeping all night. Maybe once or twice a week were you getting up around 4:00 after going to be between 9 and 10. Because of this, we dropped your nighttime feeding when you did wake up. Now if you do wake up, we go into your room, put your nuk back in and let you go back to sleep, which usually doesn't take long, and you sleep till 5:30 or 6. It's been great having you sleep through the night!
Now, a little bit about you. You are a very content baby. You rarely cry or even fuss, unless it's evening time…you aren't the happiest baby from about 6-9 in the evening. We can usually get you quiet, but you rarely sleep and if you do, it's only for a few minutes. Most evenings either Daddy or I are walking you around the house trying to keep you from waking up your brother. Speaking of your brother, he absolutely loves you! He loves to give you kisses and hugs and always wants to put your nuk in if you are crying. He is always inquiring about you and what you are doing; "Evelyn sleeping?", "She's awake!", "Feeding Evelyn?", and "Put Evelyn here." are just some of the things he likes to say about you. You don't mind your carseat and are a great traveler, unless we are stopped at a red light, then you tend to get a bit fussy. But as soon as we start moving again, you are good to go. You love your playmat and will spend a lot of time just laying there staring up at the mirror and toys. While on your playmat, you are constantly moving! Your legs and arms are always moving around and you are usually cooing and "talking" too. We can tell you are trying to grasp the toys that are hanging, but you don't quite have the coordination yet. I doubt it will be long before you do! Tummy time isn't your favorite thing to do. You'll lay there for about 2-3 minutes before starting to fuss. Usually you roll over on your own, but if not we'll come get you and put you on your back again after a while. You are doing so well holding your head up. You can hold it up on your own most of the time and only occasionally does your head still flop down. Just like your brother, you like to be carried facing outward. I guess you like to see what is going on in the world!
I was expecting you to be so different from Caleb, but in many ways you are following in his footsteps. I can't wait to see your personality emerge because then I think we'll see some big differences between you and your brother (at least I hope so because I'm not sure I can handle TWO type A personalities). You have already accomplished a lot in the small amount of time you've been alive, but there is so much more to come and I am so excited about what the next few months hold for you!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment