Thursday, August 28, 2014

Four Months

August 22, 2014

Dear Evelyn,

Coming up with an opening to each of your letters is becoming more and more difficult.  The only things that come to mind are happy birthday or I can't believe you are _ months old!  I am sure there are plenty of other openings, but being the non-writer that I am, those are the only two I can think of.  So let's just dive right on in to what you have been doing this month!

While this month didn't have as many milestones as other months, it had a few major events that took place!  First was our annual trip to Ocean City, MD.  We were there for a week and you were able to meet almost all of our friends from Lancaster - Bob &; Deb; Ray, Sara Lilly &; Todd; Al &; Marilyn; Mandi, Rob &; Caiden; Adam, Andrea &; Wyatt; Dave, Leslie &; Karter, and finally Meghan &; Tanner.  We had a wonderful time with everyone and I loved showing you off.  You were great during the whole trip, including the drive up and back.  There were a few moments on the drive that weren't so great, but overall you and and Caleb did well.  You slept in our room in the pac-n-play which didn't bother you at all, but was a bit rough on me and daddy.  We aren't used to you being in our room so you kept us up the first few nights with all of your moving around.  Speaking of moving around, you never like to sit still!  Your arms and legs are always going.  I think the only time you are still is when you are sleeping.

Another major event that took place this month was your Aunt Eileen's wedding!  She married Caleb Fellows on July 26th.  While you were in the nursery for the ceremony, you were able to come to the reception and there you met a lot of your extended family.  Afterwards, we all went back to the GOGO's house to hang out.  We were able to get a picture of Meemaw and most of her great-grand kids while we were there.  I was surprised that it worked out considering we had 9 kids, but we got a great picture!

Developmentally, the biggest thing you've accomplished this month is reaching for a toy or object and grabbing it.  You've become really good at that in the past few weeks.  Now, you can grab anything and it goes straight into your mouth.  You are trying really hard to roll over from your back to your stomach, but you just can't make it.  You won't throw your legs over.  If I help you out, and give you a nudge you can roll very easily, but you just can't figure out how to roll the bottom half :)  It won't be long though, I'm sure of it!

We went to the doctor on your 4 month birthday for your well visit.  He was very happy with your development so far.  You weighed 12.59 pounds and were 24.25 inches long.  Your percentiles are so different from Caleb at this age.  It's so crazy to me that two parents can have two kids and they be on opposite ends of the scale.

The next few months should be busy for you, learning how to sit up, eat solid foods, roll over, scoot/crawl, and who knows what else!  I don't think it'll be long before you are mobile and we are chasing you around the house.  Though I'm looking forward to that day because I think you'll be a lot happier, just like your brother was when he learned to crawl.

Lots of love baby girl,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment