As most of you know, I love Disney and Star Wars, so when the two are put together as a weekend event, you know I’m going to be there. Disney has an event called Star Wars Weekends every year for four weekends in May and June. This past weekend was opening weekend so Ben and I headed down there to enjoy the festivities. Originally, we were going to leave Friday around noon and come back Sunday, however our plans changed when I found out about a special event Thursday night. A friend of mine at work told me that Disney was offering a chance for 500 people to get a sneak peak at the new Star Tours: The Adventure Continues ride at MGM studios. (The original ride opened in the 80’s, but desperately needed revamping so it was closed last fall for a total overhaul of the ride and was going to have its grand opening Friday, May 20th). I jumped on the chance to be one of the 500 people and lucky for us, we got in. That meant that we would take off Friday and leave Thursday to drive straight down to MGM. The event took place from midnight to 2 am and included a Q&A with some of the Imagineers that designed the ride, a chance to ride the ride, pictures with characters and more. It was a lot of fun and I’m so glad we got the opportunity to go and do something different.
The rest of the weekend was fairly uneventful. Friday was spent lounging around, going to the mall and Downtown Disney. Saturday we went into the parks and spent all day there. We actually made it to all four parks, doing a few choice rides in each one. Overall, it was a great weekend! Here are some pictures from our trip:




No comments:
Post a Comment