Monday, November 28, 2011

Mandi's Wedding Trip

Last weekend, the one before Thanksgiving, we went up to PA for a childhood friend's wedding. It was a crazy weekend! We left after work on Friday and came back Sunday, but it was totally worth it!! Saturday morning we got up around 7 and met the Yingers/Mays for breakfast at the most AMAZING Amish smorgasbord, Shady Maple. The food was de-lic-ious! I totally wish we had a place like that down here.....though if we did, i'd probably weigh 300lbs from eating there all the time! After breakfast Ray, Sara, Lilly, Ben, Ashley and I went to the park to walk off the food we just ate. The park had the coolest slide ever! You definitely don't see these around anymore.

Ben had to try it out....



Ray took Lilly down, so cute!!



Love this picture of the two of them!!



After the park we all went our separate ways to get ready for the wedding. I've known Mandi and her family since I was little. We spent a lot of time together growing up and we still see them every year when we come up for vacation in July. They are so much fun and I am so grateful they invited us to come! Her wedding had to be one of the coolest I've been to. It was held in a restored barn, the music was mostly soundtracks to great movies; Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Princess Bride, Disney movies and others. Instead of a cake, they had Whoopie Pies which were simply awesome.....you can't get more Lancaster county than that. They also had a photo both set up with props where you could go and have your picture taken by the photographer. We had a lot of fun with that. Overall, we had a blast and I'm so glad we made the time to go. Here are a few pics from the wedding:


The new couple: Rob and Mandi Lighty


Me and Sara


Mother/Son Dance (every mom and son was invited to dance along with the groom and his mom)


Same with the father/daughter dance. (btw, I love Sara's expression!)


First dance together


No wedding is complete without a Conga line. And, they had glow sticks, how cool is that?!?!


Even though it was a crazy fast weekend, we had a great time and would definitely do it again this weekend if I could :)

No comments:

Post a Comment