Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2 Months

April 28th, 2012

Dear Caleb,

Today you are two months old.  They say kids grow up so fast and boy are they right!  In the short two months you've been around, you have changed so much!  You now weigh 14 lbs 5 oz and are 24 inches long.  You are holding your head up so well...pretty soon you'll be able to do it all the time.  You are still rolling over from your stomach to your back, but I suspect you'll be rolling the other way soon.  You look like you want to and have attempted it a few time.....your arm just gets in the way.  You found your hands a few weeks ago and love to suck on them, especially your right hand.  Yesterday your dad found you sucking on your thumb.  We always knew it wasn't a matter if, but when you started to suck your thumb.  Your dad and I were both thumb suckers as kids so at least you come by it honestly.  You are awake a lot more during they day and can entertain yourself when laying on your playmat or swinging in your swing. You love to stare up at the toys hanging from your playmat and will spend quite a while talking to yourself in the mirror that's on there.  Recently, you only want to be held facing out.  Apparently I was like this as a kid too so it's no surprise you like it as well.  I don't blame you for wanting to see the world.

Life is definitely never dull with you around.  You are constantly keeping your dad and I guessing.  We never know from one day to the next what you'll be doing.  I love that you've become more alert and are starting to focus more on people and objects.  When I talk to you, you watch me and will smile back at me.  I love watching you smile at the strange noises and voices your dad makes when talking to you.  I know the two of you are going to have a special bond.  You don't know it yet, but you have a great dad!  One who is going to be involved in every part of your life and doesn't want to miss out on anything.  He can't wait to take you on your first camping trip!  He is going to teach you so much about life that I never could and I can't wait to see how your relationship grows as you get older.

Sweet boy you are growing up so fast.  I can't wait to see what changes you'll make in the next month and the months and years after that.  I love you little man!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment