January 28, 2013
Dear Caleb,
This is my last letter before your one year birthday! I can't believe it. You'll be a year old in a month! I know it's tiresome to hear this over and over again, but time really does fly by.
You are walking everywhere now. You only crawl when you need to get to something that can help you stand up. You still haven't learned how to go from siting/crawling to standing on your own. You can reach down and pick something up then stand up again, but if you fall, you've got to crawl somewhere to help you up. Most people have said to me, "don't rush the walking," but I have to say that I love that you can walk now. It makes you much more independent and I think you enjoy it more than crawling. Somehow it makes you more fun too :)
You started feeding yourself with a spoon a few days ago. I helped you do it in the morning with some yogurt, and by dinner time, you were using the spoon yourself, dipping it into a bowl of applesauce and putting it in your mouth. I was pretty impressed that you could learn to do that in just a day.
Speaking of feeding, we started weaning you from nursing this month. You nurse twice a day, in the morning and before bed, and you have two bottles during the day. Despite many stories of issues with weaning, neither one of us had any trouble. You've always been flexible when it came to feedings. Just give you some food, whatever kind by whatever means, and you drank it.
There were some big milestones this month, namely walking, but it was a relatively quite month with other firsts. You are just too busy enjoying walking to too many new things at the moment :) I'm looking forward to the next month; planning your birthday party, taking a trip to florida and a visit from some close friends from PA!!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment