Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Seven Months

November 22, 2014

Dear Evelyn,

Well, you are almost done with your season of traveling.  Only one more trip and then we will be home for a while.  You've been gone from home a lot in the past two months and on each trip you have been a trooper!  Last month we went to PA, which I wrote about in your last letter.  This past month was your first trip to Disney World!  We had a wonderful time and you were great on the trip.  We drove down on a Saturday and spent Sunday and Monday in the parks.  You were happy the whole time we were there.  And you looked adorable, if I do say so myself.  Most of the time daddy carried you, facing out, in the baby carrier and it seemed like every fifth person said something about how adorable you were.  We had a great time with Mommom and Papa John too.  They were very glad to see you and commented on how big you'd gotten.  It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait to take you again!

Your major milestones this month involve food and crawling.  You love solid foods!  You eat quite a lot for such a little person.  I'm pretty sure you can eat more than Caleb did at this age.  Typically you get breakfast or lunch and then dinner.  You usually eat 2 four ounce jars, or the equivalent of homemade food.  That's a lot for a 7 month old!  You can also feed yourself small bites of food like bananas or puffs.  It took one time for me to show you how to get a puff in your hand and then to your mouth and after that, you were a pro!  We are trying to feed you more finger foods, but finding ones that are easy to pick up at this age is hard.  After all the food you are eating I can't wait to see what you weigh at your 9 month well visit.

You are crawling now!  Well, sort of crawling....more like army crawling but you can get to what you what on the floor.  It took you a while to figure it out, but we kept working on it and kept looking for things to interest you.  We tried all sorts of toys and items for you to crawl too but nothing piqued your interest.  Finally we figured out that you like balls and will always crawl to them.  I don't think it will be long before you are properly crawling and then you will be motoring around the house and I think you'll love it.

Some other tidbits about you this month; you an pull yourself up to a standing position from a sitting position, you love to walk around in your walker and the "nascar" thing, you are getting two bottles a day and two nursings a day, you usually sleep from 7:30 till 6:30 then nap two hours after you get up,  you are still smiling all the time and love to laugh, and your favorite pastime is watching Caleb play.

Soon it will be your first Thanksgiving and then first Christmas!  This is my favorite time of year and I'm looking forward to seeing you experience it (though you'll have no clue, I'll remember).

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment