When I tell people that we love to go cruising and we go with Disney Cruise line they always give me a funny look and say “Really, you enjoy it as adults?” To which I always reply “YES!” DCL has so much to offer to guests of any age. I have only been on one other cruise line, Royal Caribbean, so my comparisons are going to be limited. Also, this isn’t a plug for DCL, just the reasons why I enjoy going. I’ll be the first to tell you that it’s not for everyone and there are some things I don’t like about it. But when I compare it to other cruise lines, I always prefer to use them.
First and foremost, it’s Disney. I am a big Disney fan and have been for a long time. I enjoy going to Disney World and Ben and I make at least one trip down there each year (granted it helps that my grandmother works there and we get in for free). My family always jokes that there’s something in the air at Disney World that makes you like it even more.
Second, Disney knows how to treat their guests. The “Disney Service” you receive on the ship is unlike any other cruise line. It’s hard to describe unless you’ve experienced it, but it’s in the little things. For example, your dining room server always know what you want to drink and will usually have it waiting on the table for you when you arrive for dinner. The crew is always friendly and whenever you see them they smile and say hi.
Third, the entertainment is family friendly. I am not a fan of crude humor and that is what I found on Royal Caribbean. Ben and I actually walked out of couple of shows on our honeymoon because of the language and content. Some people like that kind of thing, and that’s fine, but it’s not for me. Since Disney is a family oriented ship, their entertainment has to be suitable for children. The production shows they put on each night are clean and fun, (they do have adult shows which I will get to later), as are the comedians and magicians they have. Also, they don’t have a casino on the ship. While this is a huge deterrent for some people, it’s a huge benefit to me. I don’t gamble and therefore have no interest in a casino. Plus, on the two other ships we’ve been on, the casino is right in the middle of the boat and you have to walk through it to get anywhere. It’s just not for me.
Fourth, the adult areas. They have special areas reserved just for adults 18 and older. There’s an entire pool for adults on the top deck. It’s great not having to listen to kids playing around all day. They have music playing and waiters walking around with drinks and sometimes they’ll do pool games which are hilarious to watch. Rockin’ Bar D is a bar/club just for adults and that is where the adult entertainment takes place each night. Usually the comedian or magician from the family show will do an adult show at night. However it’s not your typical adult show with crude humor and bad content. It’s in between that and the family show. I really enjoy going to those. There is also a special restaurant just for adults called Palo. They serve dinner and brunch and the food is amazing! Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island, has a place reserved just for adults called Serenity Bay. While Disney may be geared towards family and kids, they certainly know how to take care of the adults!
Those are the main reasons we choose to cruise on DCL. I could go on a lot longer, but you have better things to do than read about Disney It is probably my favorite vacation and I’m looking forward to the next one in Sept!!
No comments:
Post a Comment