Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Update on Making Your Own Butter

I just wanted to give an update on the butter we made. Since it was made from a carton of cream, I wasn't sure how long it would actually last before going bad. Surprisingly, I just threw it away this weekend. And we probably still could have used it, but there was only a little left and it was a bit watery (not a fan of watery butter). We ended up keeping it out of the fridge and in our pantry. The butter was too hard to spread when it was in the fridge. We've always done this with tub butter so it wasn't new thing. I'm really impressed that it lasted that long. It's probably not any cheaper than buying regular butter though. In order to get the same amount, you'd have to buy at least two things of cream which would be the same price as the butter itself. However, it is fun to make you're own butter so the extra cost might be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment