Friday, September 7, 2012

Direction

I've been thinking a lot lately about whether or not I want to keep my blog going.  I've never liked blogs where people only post once every few months and that's where my blog is heading.  Except for my monthly Caleb Letters, I haven't posted anything in a few months. The problem stems from what I think the content of my blog should be, or actually what I think other people think the content of my blog should be.  I feel like since I've had a kid, all of my posts should in someway involve him.  They should be about what he's doing lately, or pictures of him, or parenting lessons....subjects like that.  And to be honest, I'm just not that kind of mom.  I not one to gush over my child.  It's not that I don't love him, or enjoy talking about him, it's just not my personality to go on and on about him (and there is nothing wrong with the women who do!).  

Also, I've found that Facebook is a much easier medium for me to post updates on Caleb, and also pictures.  Since I'm not a wordy person, the status part of FB allows me to give updates and talk about what Caleb is doing, without feeling like I need to write an entire blog post about it.  Plus, since I have an iPhone, the FB app is always handy and I can post photo's right away. 

Because of all that, I've struggled with coming up with posts that I think should be posted on my blog.  Sometimes I feel like I can't post about Star Wars, or the new Hobbit movies because it's too shallow or superficial.  I know I shouldn't care what people think and since it's my blog, I can post whatever I want, but I am human and what people think does matter to me sometimes, no matter how much I don't want it to.

However, saying that, I've decided to just post whatever I want.  It probably won't be meaningful or helpful or remotely related to anyone else, but it's all of those things to me and that's the point of a blog, right?  I could have just started posting those things, but it makes me feel better to let everyone know the direction my blog is going (going back to caring about what people think....those insecurities always get in the way!). 

So there you have it.  For Caleb updates, check FB.  For everything else, check here :)

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Sarah. Post what makes you happy!!

    ReplyDelete